Are you also asking, what is computer glasses? Do you wonder if it is effective? Are you suffering from eye strain and you want to relieve the pain. Are you curios if it will help you in your problem? Here are some of the facts that you need to know about computer glasses.
Computer eye strain is a continually rising problem in the present time. It is because most of our work are already dependent to technology. With these everyday exposure to the computer screen, computer glasses is said be one of the best way to prevent the problem from developing.
What is Computer Glasses?
Computer glasses is different from regular glasses because it is primarily made to help lessen the effects of too much exposure to the computer. Actually, it is not only for computers, but also for tablet, cell phone, and even television.
Basically, the coating in the glasses acts as anti-reflective screen that helps reduce the glare and light coming from the device. But this colored tint, is not that different in the lighting of the surrounding thus will not make your vision unusual.
How Does Computer Glasses Work?
To explain a little bit more on how computer glasses works, here are some of its features.
1. The lenses of this glasses are flat and have no side effects on eye-sight. This is because of the vacuum like properties that blocks radiation waves.
2. It contains radiation resistance that lessens the absorption of this harmful energy thus eliminates the potential symptoms of eye strain, head ache or even eye dryness.
3. Computer glasses are especially designed for those who frequently use computers or any devices with digital screens. According to recent studies, it effectively prevents harmful light to go into your eyes. This will lessen or later on prevent damages to your vision.
Types of Computer Glasses
Basically, there are two major types of computer glasses based on your needs and vision acuity. There is the typical computer glasses and the clip-on glasses.
By the way, I will also give you some of the best options that you can have for each specific type of computer glasses.
Typical Computer Glasses
If you have little or no vision problem, then the typical computer glasses can be a good choice. Basically, it is just a normal eye glasses but the lenses have a special tinting on them. This tint may be transparent or colored.
Under the typical computer glasses, it can also be sub divided into three categories based on their usage.
1. Day to Day Computer Glasses
This eyewear is suitable for your daily usage. Whether it is for your office or at home, this can help you relieve the eye strain due to long hours of computer usage. It can also be used when using tablet, laptop, television or even when using your mobile phone.
- Gamma Ray Optics which is the manufacturer of this glasses claims that it is great for minimizing visual problems and discomfort that most people experience after long periods of time of web surfing or working in front of the computer.
- It is designed for long term use and increased durability.
- The lenses used in Gamma Ray 003 is amber tinted.
2. Gaming Computer Glasses
This one is specially designed for gaming purposes. What separates it from other computer glasses is that they are completely headgear compatible. So you can use your headsets or earphones while using it.
The lenses are also designed in such a way that you can stay for longer hours while playing in front of the computer, xbox, or playstation.
- The manufacturer has taken all our needs into considerations, the slim ends of the frame also provide full support for your favorite headphones.
- The lens is designed with the amber tint and other coatings that prevent high-energy and Ultra Violet glares from reaching the eyes.
3. Graphic Artist Computer Glasses
This type of glasses has clear tinted lenses. It is designed for those people who need to see the true color while facing their digital screens. It is most commonly used by graphic artist, architects and even graphic designers.
- The lens for the glasses is made from high-quality optic glass. They use modern technologies that help them in filtering the blue spectrum from the light and enhance the image quality for the eyes.
- The lenses also assist in increasing your concentration by giving time to the eye muscles to relax.
- In return, this gives a better productivity for most people who constantly use computers in their jobs.
The second major type of computer glasses is the clip-on computer glasses. Basically, this is specially made for those people who already have their own prescription glasses. You can just easily clip it in front of your glasses.
Although it may add some weight on your own eyewear, this will be very beneficial in terms of protecting your eyes while using your digital screens.
By the way, there are also computer glasses that are big enough that can also be placed in front of your own eyewear.
Helpful Tips on Your Computer Glasses
- Know first if you have vision problems. Determine if you need the lenses to have magnifying properties.
- Do you have your own prescription glasses? If yes, then you should have the clip-on glasses.
- Consider if their is hard case and cleaning cloth included on your eyewear. This will ensure that your glasses will be protected and can last for a longer period of time.
- If you have a tight budget, start with the cheaper ones. In this way, you will distinguish if it works for you or not.
- Don’t use any other rough material on cleaning the lenses. It may wear off the tint that protects your eyes from harmful rays.
- Allow some time for your eyes to get used to the lenses. For some people, it may be unusual at first but usually they just get used to it.
Where to Buy Computer Glasses?
There are two options on where to buy your computer glasses. You can have it from brick and mortar stores or in online stores.
The advantage for brick and mortar store is you can try it for yourself. But the downside is they only have limited choices.
On the other hand, for online stores, you have plenty of choices and you can be comfortable at your home while choosing the one you prefer. But then, you will not be able to try it on.
So, it still depends on your own preference on what way you should buy. Personally, I prefer buying online because it is more convenient.
Is Computer Glasses Effective?
It is undeniable that no one enjoys blurred vision, headache or eyestrain. And computer glasses is one of the best way to prevent these problems.
Some of the benefits that you can have are:
- Reduced glare
- Increased screen contrast
- Longer period of time in front of the computer
Computer glasses promote clearer vision which in return reduces your risks of straining your back and neck.
On the other hand, let me remind you that this is not for everyone. If you don’t suffer from eye strain or you don’t experience any problem with your vision after using the computer, then it is not a must for you.
But you can still use it in order to prevent the symptoms that might occur.
If you are experiencing vision problems after staying for a long period of time in front of a digital screen then, computer glasses may be the answer to your problem.
Feel free to comment below all your personal concerns or experiences towards eye strain and how computer glasses have helped you.